Tips to turn your walls into works of art!
Walls are so much fun to decorate! Mainly because there is no limit to what you can do with them! Here’s my two-pence worth of what you can do with your walls:
- Art: This is the most obvious option. Buy a few prints or if you love the feel and smell of real paint like yours truly, look around for oil paintings or water colors.
- Photos: We all need reminding of all the happy times in our lives especially since we tend to forget our blessings while dealing with our hum-drum schedules. Frame all the little moments in your life that made you smile and create a photo wall to look at whenever you need a pick-me-up.
- Hand up a tapestry: Tapestries bring back memories of quaint houses and are always fun to make a wall the focal point of your home. These are a little difficult to find, so if you do stumble upon one that you like, don’t let go.
- Curtains: Curtains are not just for windows anymore. Look for a dramatic print to hang up behind your couch or bed and watch the room come alive.
- Floating shelves: These can come to your rescue if you prefer the minimalistic look without too much furniture cluttering a room. Secure a few floating shelves onto your walls and place all the tchotchkes that you might have collected over the years. You can also use the shelves to place your art prints if you don’t want to hang them up.
- Nature: You can put place a few succulents or smalls plants in hanging plant pots along your walls. You can also look for macramé pot holders to bring a bit of bohemia into your life.
- Mirrors: Place a floor mirror near your entryway. You can find great mirrors that will be easy on your pockets as well as on your walls since they will not require you to drills holes. You can also place a mirror opposite a window to amplify the natural light entering a room.
- Cork board: Make a wall an organization station. This will be especially useful in your kitchen since you can put up pictures of your favorite recipes or tack up grocery lists and chore lists. Take it a step further by making a magnetic wall. All you will need is sheet metal cut to your wall’s measurements.
- Now go nuts with magnets! When in doubt turn to removable wallpaper: Or decals. Shop around for a style that suits you. These are an inexpensive fail-safe since you can just remove them or replace them if they don’t work for you. Play round with colors and textures.
Remember, the only limits to your wall decor are your imagination. All these ideas notwithstanding, make sure to put your own signature on these walls. and have fun while doing it!
For help finding an investment property, acreage or home for your family in Dubai please contact us. Ask us about traditional listings and real estate auctions.