Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
What is Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain of coronavirus which may cause illness in animals or humans. In humans, several coronaviruses are known to cause respiratory infections ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases. First identified in a cluster with pneumonia symptoms in Wuhan city, Hubei province of China.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are:
– Dry cough
– Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhoea. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually.
Note: Not everyone with a cold or upper respiratory symptom needs to get tested for COVID-19. Only a person with a symptoms and travel history can do the test. Additionally, most people (about 80%) recover from the disease without needing special treatment.
How does COVID-19 spread?
Is there any treatment for COVID-19?
What are the ways to prevent the disease?
– Washing hands with soap and water or using alcohol-based hand rub kills viruses that may be on your hands.
– Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
– Covering mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth without washing your hands.
– Avoid shaking hands and just wave.
– Avoid nose-to-nose greeting, hugging or kissing others.
– Avoid contact with animals (live or dead).
– Take enough rest and take a large amount of fluids.
Procedures for those arriving to the UAE:
If you have any symptom of a respiratory infection and have travelled to any country with a widespread outbreak of COVID-19, we advise you to do the following:
– Visit the nearest health center or hospital and immediately inform the doctor of your recent travel history and your symptoms.
– Follow the doctor’s instructions, and if you were advised to self-isolate, please avoid any direct contact with people.
– Take the information from reliable sources.
For any medical support or inquiry, please contact:
– “Estijaba” service at the operation center – Department of Health at 8001717
– Ministry of Health & Prevention at 80011111
– Dubai Health Authority at 800342
All rights reserved to the initial publisher for mohap.gov
Collected and published by propertyeportal.com editorial team. Get in touch with us at [email protected]