How Each Zodiac Sign Would Decorate Their Dream Home
Trying to find the right kind of design and home structure can seem overwhelming at times, and there are always factors to consider, like budget, family size/type, location, and availability (to name a few). But there are certainly moments when we let our minds wander to what our dream house would look like if there were no restrictions standing in our way. You’d be surprised to find just how much your zodiac sign can really play into your tastes and the ideas you have about your perfect space. We’ve rounded up some grand ideas that each zodiac sign would love to use in their dream homes.
- Aquarius (January 20 to February 18) – Eclectic and Eco-Friendly-You’re quirky and unique, and you absolutely don’t go out of your way to decorate your house like anyone else. It’s likely that you would try to incorporate as much environmentally-conscious and eco-friendly tech options as possible. Think solar panels, rain catching systems, and the like. You certainly enjoy creating a space that lets you be alone with your thoughts and allows you to plan for better ways to help the world around you. But it doesn’t come as a surprise that you also appreciate having a lot of space with extra rooms to help others out if and when they needed it.
- Pisces (February 19 to March 20) – Soothing and Serene -While you value having time to yourself, you are drawn to decorating your house in calm, inviting colors that make others (and yourself) feel relaxed. Being a water sign, a cool shade of blue or teal would be a great color scheme choice. Making space for comfy furniture with decorative and soft throw pillows and blankets is an absolute must. Although you like feeling cozy, you still strive to keep the area open and free-flowing, not just cluttering it up with things for the sake of it. And naturally, you would love to be close to some type of water, whether the house itself is located near an ocean, or even if you just had a large outdoor pool with plenty of deck space to invite your guests.
- Aries (March 21 to April 19) – Loud and Lively -You have a big personality, and you tend to chase after life and experience it as fully as possible. Your dream home would likely incorporate bold and adventurous colors and patterns, particularly in your furniture as opposed to on the walls. In a larger scale, you would absolutely need extra rooms to create a more active space—a fully furnished gym or even a rock climbing wall in the downstairs area come to mind—to appease your boredom and allow you to always be active.
- Taurus (April 20 to May 20) – Classy and Calming -You certainly enjoy indulging yourself in beautiful things, and you also crave a comfortable and stable environment, so it would be no shock to see these habits transfer over into your dream home in a big way. You’re likely to select a large, comfy sectional couch with plenty of comfortable items always within reach. This is a way for you to decompress from stressors in the outside world. The comfortability of your home is also perfect for letting others join you in relaxing. Your kitchen area would really serve as a focal point since you’re known for how much you enjoy delicious food and drink (a wine cellar or even an upscale bar area stocked with only the finest wouldn’t be out of the question for you). As an earth sign, you like to use understated tones and neutral colors to really bring together the feeling of steadiness that you desire in your own life.
- Gemini (May 21 to June 20) – Open and Opulent -Though the things you want may change from day to day, there are some things that you still would have no hesitation bringing into your dream home. You’re social and love having the world and all its possibilities at your fingertips, so you would do everything you could to make your space seem as large as possible. Having big glass panels and wide windows would bring in plenty of light and really open up the room! You certainly would like to keep up with the latest technology and try to stay ahead of everyone else, too. Try incorporating some luxury tech elements like a voice-activated home sound system and smartphone-controlled household features. These devices would make you feel one step ahead of the game.
- Cancer (June 21 to July 22) – Tasteful and Traditional -You have a soft spot for traditional and antique things, so your dream home would absolutely include furniture and decor that fell into those styles. You would be sure to make all places of rest and comfort as cozy as possible. The kitchen would be a focal point too, due to your love of cooking and baking for yourself and loved ones. You’re likely to make that area the largest room in the house if possible, with plenty of space for people to join you while you’re creating your culinary dishes. Your ultimate goal would be to make your home as much of a sanctuary from the outside world as possible, with lighter colors on the walls and maybe even some light pastel hues for your furniture or accent pieces.
- Leo (July 23 to August 22) – Vivid and Vibrant -You don’t mind being the center of attention, so why wouldn’t you strive for your dream home to do the same? Bright and bold colors and attention-grabbing furniture would be included without hesitation. Any accessories or wall art would serve as statement pieces rather than practical items. Ideally, you would love to have multiple rooms for guests to stay in as well as a large outdoor area for entertaining guests and throwing parties. And let’s be honest—you’ll likely ensure that there’s no shortage of mirrors around your home so you can always make sure you’re looking your best while also adding to the aesthetic you want to cultivate.
- Virgo (August 23 to September 22) – Simple and Stylish -You aren’t one to desire too much; you just want some stability and the feeling of control in your life whenever you can manage it. Your dream home would likely feature neutral colors as they tend to work with just about anything you can imagine. You’d also be interested in finding furniture and accessories that are more for function than for show (think ottomans that also serve as tables or even a coffee table that has hidden compartments to store remotes, magazines, etc). You would love to utilize as much space for organization and storage as possible in your dream home, so you could keep a clean and clutter-free environment while also knowing there’s a place for everything.
- Libra (September 23 to October 22) – Harmonious and Hip -You love things to feel balanced, so it’s no shock that you would do as much as possible to create that type of environment in your home. You’d like to incorporate lighter, pastel colors that would feel inviting to guests, without being too overwhelming or too bland for your tastes. You’d also work to create as much balance with your furniture, walls furnishings, and accent pieces as possible. Your rooms would easily complement one another without being too crowded or too perfectly matched. You love to invest in things that are tasteful and give an elegant vibe, like airy curtains, sleek throw pillows, or a decorative mirror. All of these things are upscale and never out of style, but also not too flashy.
- Scorpio (October 23 to November 21) – Posh and Private -Truthfully, if you could just have a cabin in the woods, you’d be happy. Yet your dream home absolutely must reflect the aspects of your personality that are important to you—keeping your life private, introspective, and mysterious. Your home would certainly use darker colors, perhaps in the form of furniture, yet you could also pull off using a darker shade on the walls. Devices such as discreet video camera security systems will help you keep an eye on everything. Even though your entire home would be quite private, a discreet bookshelf door that opens up into a secret reading room would be right up your alley.
- Sagittarius (November 22 to December 21) – Creative and Compact -Though you may not desire spending much time at home, it doesn’t mean you don’t have some great ideas for your dream space. You would love to have a home that could come with you, such as a tiny house that can easily travel wherever you wander. Tiny houses, in general, are known for utilizing the least amount of space to make sure you have everything you need. But at the same time, it also would allow you to keep your memories alive with spaces to hang up photos and other things you might collect on your travels.
- Capricorn (December 22 to January 19) – Sleek and Smart -Your dream home needs to reflect the things you tend to value—hard work and efficiency. Though most would desire a space that lets them get away from a work environment, your dream home would have a layout similar to a home office. (Let’s be honest—you tend to keep on working when you’re at home anyway) You’d lean towards a sleeker decor style with a minimalist mindset. You want your home to stay organized and easily manageable so you can focus on other things besides keeping all your stuff in line. When it comes to decor, a large desk that includes sturdy shelves and additional drawers would be on your list. You’d strive to have a lot of organizational options so you’d never have to wonder where something was located.
Source: The Spruce